Veterans Program Qualifications
Qualified applicants include those who:
- Meet all state-specific mandatory licensing requirements and complete all training required by state-specific Departments of Insurance. (Requirements)
- Received an honorable discharge from the military.
- Pass a criminal history and credit check.
- Have earned at least a high school diploma or GED. A college degree is not required, but may be helpful.
- Agree to write bail exclusively for Accredited for a set amount of time in exchange for placement assistance, training and support services. Final terms of the contract will be determined when the agent agreement is finalized.
- Meet minimum job requirements:
- Ability to write/complete bail forms and powers of attorney.
- Prompt and immediate delivery of bail bonds to jail/correctional facility.
- Monitor and supervise defendants out on bail. If necessary, facilitate the apprehension of defendants who fail to appear in court and return them to jail/correctional facility.
- Ability to collect collateral for a defendant's bail.
Note: Completing the licensing process does not guarantee a contract with Accredited Surety and Casualty Company, Inc.